Giveaway and Sweepstakes Official Rules
Last Updated Date: November 23, 2022
Table of Contents
- Agreement to Rules
- Campaign Period
- How to Enter
- Winner Selection and Notification
- Rights Granted by You
- Terms & Conditions
- Limitation of Liability
- Winners List
- No Endorsement
This sweepstakes promotion or social media giveaway (“Campaign”) shall be subject to these official rules (the “Official Rules”), and by entering, the Participant (“You”) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein. Certain restrictions may apply.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS PRIOR TO THE START DATE OF THE CAMPAIGN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Liminex, Inc. dba GoGuardian, acting on behalf of itself and its affiliates (“GoGuardian”), 2030 East Maple Avenue, Suite 100, El Segundo CA 90245.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and enter into the Giveaway / Sweepstakes per the directions of the applicable Giveaway / Sweepstakes official post and who are 18 years old as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of GoGuardian, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, You agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of GoGuardian as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online for the dates set forth in the applicable Giveaway / Sweepstakes official post. All online entries must be received by such date. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline for any reason.
How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry following the directions of the applicable Giveaway / Sweepstakes official post. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of GoGuardian.
You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of GoGuardian.
No responsibility is assumed by GoGuardian, their respective subsidiaries, parents, partners, for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a social media profile by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the property of GoGuardian and will not be returned to You. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified with a natural person by appropriate independent means, including, without limitation, reverse domain name search. Potential winner may be requested to provide GoGuardian with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive the prize listed in the applicable Giveaway / Sweepstakes official post. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by GoGuardian. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at GoGuardian’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for GoGuardian to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected per the method set forth in the applicable Giveaway / Sweepstakes official post under the supervision of GoGuardian. Winner will be notified per the method set forth in the applicable Giveaway / Sweepstakes official post within five (5) days following selection of Winner. GoGuardian shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within two (2) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance Form/Release of liability as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT GOGUARDIAN‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that GoGuardian, anyone acting on behalf of GoGuardian, and GoGuardian’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and world-wide, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of GoGuardian. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GoGuardian from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which GoGuardian may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: GoGuardian reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond GoGuardian’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, GoGuardian may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by GoGuardian. GoGuardian reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Official Rules. GoGuardian has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, GoGuardian reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless GoGuardian and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. If the Campaign is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including legal restrictions, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Campaign Provider that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Campaign, GoGuardian reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, You agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Los Angeles County, CA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). You further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Liminex, Inc. dba GoGuardian, 2030 East Maple Avenue, Suite 100, El Segundo CA 90245, ATTN: Marketing Department, Giveaway / Sweepstakes Winner List. Requests must be received no later than five (5) days after the Winner of the applicable Giveaway / Sweepstakes is announced.
- No Endorsement: The Campaign hosted by GoGuardian is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Google, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.