We are excited to announce the return of our educator spotlights! The “Edulastic Innovator Spotlight” is our series of interviews honoring forward-thinking educators. Each interview will be a quick and insightful 5-minute read that dives into the world of the interviewee. Twice a month, we will release a new interview on our blog. As each interview is released, we will add them to a list available at the end of this blog post.
The spotlights will tell the stories of tech-savvy and passionate educators across the United States. From math department chairs to elementary school ELA teachers to Assistant Principals, these educators come from a variety of positions in education. What they share in common is that all of them are impacting their students’ lives and making a difference in their classroom or school with the help of digital assessment.
Ultimately, our goal in featuring the stories of these innovators is to help you get to know them as educators and people and also to inspire you in your own classroom. We ask them technical questions like “How do you use Edulastic?” and “What tips do you have for teachers who are new to Edulastic?” so that you can learn new ideas for using digital assessment in your classroom. We also ask them more personal questions like “What inspired you to work in education?” and “Please sum up your teaching philosophy” so that you can understand their hopes and motivations and connect with them on a more human level. We hope you enjoy reading the spotlights as much as we have enjoyed putting them together!
Edulastic Innovator Spotlights
- Lauren Taylor – High School Math Teacher
- Duane Runyan – Middle School Math Teacher
- Kashekia Smith – Middle School ELA Teacher
- Victoria Miles – High School Math Teacher
- Carla Corbin – High School Math Teacher
- Catherine Tang – High School Math Teacher
- Mary Gore – Middle School Math Teacher
- Jennifer Soehner – High School Science Teacher
- James Andrew Busie – 6th Grade Math Teacher
- Shemena Shivers – High School Science Teacher
- Jen Lee – High School / College Science Instructor
- Rose Clark Kebe – Middle School Math Teacher
- Latasha Hailey – 5th Grade Teacher
- Samantha Shaffner – Middle School ELA Teacher
- Stephanie Reynolds – Assistant Principal
- Buck Boomer – High School Science Teacher
- Karen Hernandez – High School Math Teacher